Friday, November 15, 2013

I rode a round...

It was a busy day here!
 
This morning, a guy came to buy the small spray-coupe we didn't need.  Andrew stayed at the farm to help him load it, so I rode with Dad and Jacob over to the Hazelton land to bring the pickup home while Jacob drove the combine to Gaylins' land and my dad took a load of corn to town.  Jacob's been doing some of the combining this year and I was impressed with how he drove that green monstrosity!
 
Later, the guys decided to drive the combine home and work on these fields, as they are drier than the field on Gaylins'.  I took a break from house-cleaning to go snap some pictures, as I realized that I didn't have ANY from our harvest yet this year and the crops are nearly all in!

 My dad hauled several loads to town today...
 It was a GORGEOUS day---very sunny and still!

 CORN!
 I was getting ready to head back to the house when Andrew motioned me to come over and asked if I wanted a ride, which I did.  :)
 I can't decide which of these pictures of Andrew I like best, so I'll post both...

 This header is amazing!
 We saw 4 deer during the one round that I was with Andrew in the combine.  (See the doe?)
 Meanwhile, my dad and Jacob were setting up some air-ventilation-tubes where the corn pile will be. 

Here my dad is bringing the white truck for Andrew to fill while he took the semi to town again.
 If you look closely, you can see my dad in this picture.  (That's how he gets his exercise by the way---walking along side of the combine up and down the field.    Just kidding...)
We're so grateful that there has not been snow this far into the year!  Thank you, Lord!!


Please pray for some friends of ours (the Balyeat family-- http://www.balyeats.com ) who lost their oldest son, Jonathan in a car accident yesterday.  He was a husband, and father of two teenage children.  Here's a link to the newspaper article: http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20131114/NEWS01/311140023?fb_comment_id=fbc_545020875586994_3363523_545393478883067 .  How sad!!

Here's wishing you all a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I think this is your coolest post ever! I love the pictures and I LOVE, LOVE harvest time...I enjoy standing outside as the guys combine and smelling the harvest and knowing that God has provided for the long winter ahead! Brings back so many good memories for me when I was a little girl!
    Our bounty is indeed great,
    Emmy
    p.s. I agree, both pictures of Andrew are GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.