Thursday, November 14, 2013

The blessing of buttons...

Our menfolk go through a TON (they may weigh that much after they're all oily too?) of rags in their shop every winter while fixing greasy things.  Rather than paying a lot of money for those boxes of shop rags, my mom and I (sometimes a brother helps) will cut up old worn out clothes for them to use.  Well, we had not done this in a while and winter is a comin', so we spent a good portion of the afternoon in cutting up 5 garbage-bags full of shop rags from old clothes we've been saving for that purpose.  That should last the guys at least until I spring, I hope.

As we talked and chopped, my mom and I commented on what a blessing buttons are!  Just try and imagine what life would be like without them.  (I suppose the zipper and velcro industries would be richer?)  


...Just thanking God for one of the small things in life that we usually take for granted!


Harvest report:

  Andrew finished up combining for farmer Stan today!  :)
  My dad finished up the corn fields by Hazelton and now has just 3 fields left that are closer to home.  He had 3 little friends along for the ride yesterday.  The cab was pretty full I hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.