Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Window repair!

Jacob and I spent a couple of hours in the chicken part of the east barn this afternoon, repairing the windows that the panes had broken out of.   We could not find the spare windows that the guys know they have around here "Someplace", so we made do with a 2-paned window we found (used it to fix 2 windows) and moved some windows around so the front side of the barn at least looks nice and the back side is closed up as well, but doesn't look so pretty.  :)  My dad said it's supposed to be getting colder here very soon, so it's time to get these things done!   The little sparrows are not very happy with us now, as we closed up their doorway, but there are other buildings they can get in for shelter.

(The window in this picture is very similar to the kind we were working with...)



My dad combined the food plots that our hunter friend wished to have cut.  That same friend also gave Andrew his old green pickup today, as there are some things wrong with it and he knows Andrew will be able to fix it and just wanted him to have it, so that was really nice! 

The guys unloaded the corn trucks onto our corn-pile this afternoon.  My mom finished raking the sorghum field and Andrew finished baling one of the fields.   Dad and Jacob got the combine cleaned up and stored away in the Quonset.

My mom and I are trying to find creative ways to use eggs.  Have any suggestions?   For supper, we had a "Crustless Egg Quiche" that used a dozen eggs (about a third of what we're getting every day now).  We've been freezing eggs in ice-cube trays for use later.  Home-made ice cream uses lots of eggs.  Chef salads taste great with hard-boiled eggs.   Deviled eggs taste good with eggs...  ;)

I love days like this----when the day ends and there was so much work accomplished.  I thank God for good health and safety for us all as we work (and so that we can work). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.