Monday, November 18, 2013

De-screening...

Yes, it was time to put the window-screens away for the cold spell.  The good part of this is that the bugs (flies especially) have mostly all died and won't be invading our space again for the next half year!    Hooray!!

My dad was finished combining the corn at the farm here, so there is just one wet field left.  The topic for discussion tonight was on if "we" should combine that field now, or hope for it to dry down before a lot of snow comes....  Hmmmmm. 

My mom went to Bismarck to see clients.

Andrew raked the sorghum and said that it was in better shape than he thought it would be after all it's been through, so that was good news.

Jacob emptied trucks for my dad all afternoon/evening.

I worked outside a lot on projects that I've been wanting to get done before winter (window washing, fly-trap-throwing, pulling old ugly weeds, pulling out dead flower plants, putting pots away for the winter, cutting trees off that were growing in the wrong places...).

It was a good day and tomorrow, I get to go spend the day with "my" little girls again!  :)

I read this poem today in "Streams in the Desert" and wished to share it with you all....

When the frosts are in the valley,
   And the mountaintops are gray,
And the choicest blooms are blighted,
  And the blossoms die away,
A loving Father whispers,
"This all came from my hand";
Blessed are you if you trust
When you cannot understand.

If, after years of toiling,
  Your wealth should fly away
And leave your hands all empty,
  And you hair is turning gray,
Remember then your Father
  Owns all the sea and land;
Blessed are you if you trust
  When you cannot understand.
     ~Author unknown   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.