Friday, November 29, 2013

When life gives you lemons...

 
...REJOICE!
 
Those of you who've read this blog for a while may recall that I started growing some dwarf fruit trees 2 springs ago (yes, here in North Dakota).  Well, as of yesterday, I now have a lemon from one of those trees!  I'm not sure if I want to save it to look at until it's all shrivelled to nothingness, or slice it open and smell and taste it?  I think I'll do the latter.  :)


I took a picture of some of our (happy-to-be-alive-today?) turkeys this morning.  We're planning to sell a few of the Bronze toms (maybe one of the Black Spanish toms too), as we really don't need so many.   (They're not ideal for butchering, as they're 2 years old already.)

My family and I had a very busy Friday.  My dad hauled grain again.  My brothers pulled up the well pump, only to discover they did not have the right part, so closed it all back up again.  They also worked in the shop.   Mom and I cleaned, and cooked, and cleaned, and cooked, and....   

I hope and pray that you all have an enjoyable, refreshing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.