Thursday, April 25, 2013

A visit...

After doing the 6:00am cow-check and milking Andrew's cow, then doing the goat chores too, I headed over to babysit.  At 10:00am, I loaded up the girls in the M's pickup and we went to visit Lauretta for a couple of hours as she's laid up for a few weeks with her broken ankle.  :(  It was fun seeing her again and getting out and about with Johanna and Tracy Jo...

My  mom went to Bismarck all day.  My dad cleaned grain all day and is spending the night with the Karges family, as he's way out there in that territory.  Andrew was still sick on the couch most of the day, except he did come out and milk his cow tonight and also helped Jacob chase a bull back in the fence this afternoon.   

  After chores this evening, I zoomed around the pasture on A's 4-wheeler, checking cows and calves.  I was happy to see my black/white faced cow, Ruthie had a beautiful red and white heifer calf.  :)  It was sad to find a dead calf out there too with no cows around it, so I'm not even sure who had it today?    It was so nice and warm outside that the calves were all running around while their mamas ate the hay Jacob had spread out for them. 

I'm praising God for sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.