Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Farewell~

My blog will be silent for a few days after this post as I'm very happily going to be joining a group of young ladies up in the Turtle Mountains for a time of encouragement and studying God's word.  I can hardly wait!  :)  I plan to return on Monday.

My dad was busy fixing the problems on the "new" red truck he bought a couple of weeks ago.  My mom was busy with sessions and then took it easy, as she had a deep-working massage yesterday and was aching a lot as a result.  The boys worked on different odd jobs.  Andrew cleaned several rifles in preparation for the Appleseed event he's helping to teach in Minot on Saturday.  He'll be giving one of the history lesson sections, so he's been memorizing that and going over it....   I was in the kitchen a lot, baking things to take up to Paulette's.   We also had Johanna and Tracy Jo at our house today for about 4 hours, so that was fun.  Johanna helped me water all of the plants (she had a little spray-bottle and squirt the dirt for a long time!).  They both helped make blueberry muffins and had fun eating the blueberries, not minding that they were very cold (from the freezer).

There have been several calves born every day.  Thankfully, we've had NO problems in the last few days (outside of the one mother and baby we've been working with in the calving pen, as the calf just was very weak)...   The most interesting looking calves so far have been: 1. a black calf with a white streak down his back and on his tail (yes, he looks like a giant skunk!), and 2. a red calf with a similar white streak!  I'm not sure where that's coming from, as the bulls are all black and the cows are either black angus or charlois (plus a few red).  I'll try to get a picture sometime, but not for a few days....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.