Monday, April 15, 2013

Is it really spring?

Our area received about 1 1/2 feet of snow in that last storm. I think that's more snow than we had all winter. Thankfully, all the cows and calves pulled through the storm, outside of that one calf two nights ago. Hooray!

I spent a large portion of the day in the kitchen, cooking and baking. I did get a sled ride too when Andrew and I took a calf we'd had in the barn for a while (during the storm he was all alone) back out to it's mother. Andrew drove his ATV and I held the calf down in the calf-sled. :)

Andrew let me borrow his camera and I took some snow pictures this morning, but I'm not sure when they'll get posted here. In the meantime, here are a few photos from the last couple of weeks....

This was one of the calves we've had in our kitchen.  He's now enjoying life with his adopted mommy out in the fresh air and snow.
 
 What a happy moment it is when they can finally stand!
 My mom snapped these pictures while we were out ear-tagging about a week ago...
 We use a baseball bat as protection.  :)
 These are OLD pictures already (from last month)...   This day, Johanna and Tracy Jo's mama brought a yummy bunny cake over for us to enjoy.  :)
 Tracy, playing with the Jenga blocks...
 Amelia had fun playing dress up with my clothes as I was folding them (after washing/drying them)...
 This was one of the days we went over to my house for a farm-visit....
 That's all for now.  Good night everybody.~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.