Thursday, April 4, 2013

Busy day...

For my dad and Andrew, the day was spent in cleaning grain until past dark.  This morning, before they left though, they (I was along too, but didn't do much) brought one of my calves in the house to warm up, as it was very cold and couldn't sit upright.  It's one that was born yesterday evening.  It had been standing but apparently didn't get anything to drink and just got too weak to do anything but lie flat out on his side.  SO, I had someone in the kitchen to keep my company all day and he is sleeping in the small entry right outside my bedroom door tonight.  He's doing tremendously better now and even stood up and walked around after supper, but he will still not suck on a bottle or anything and I've been having to tube-feed him all his colostrum.  We're really hoping he'll be jumping around by morning and ready to nurse on his mother and that she'll remember him, as we don't want to have to get her in the barn (she's the knock-you-over kind). 

My mom spent the whole entire day in Bismarck, doing lots of sessions and running around town getting parts for the guy's things.  She just returned home at 10:00.

Outside of working with the calf, I baked bread/pizza; did some laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning; then hunkered down and worked on paperwork for taxes....    Jacob and I did the evening chores by ourselves:  he fed the cow's hay and I did the milking and other chores.  He helped me with my calf quite a bit today too. 

Oh, the nicest part of the day was when Paula brought the girls (Johanna and Tracy Jo) over for a "Field trip" to see the animals.  :)   Johanna really liked the turkeys and Tracy really liked stomping around in the mud and melting snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.