Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cheeps in the future...

My mom and I finally decided on what breeds of laying hens we wanted to get and I placed the order this afternoon.    Sooooo, soon we'll have lots of cheeping sounds in our lives again. 

My dad cleaned for a couple of people today and then had 2 more people call for cleaning, so it seems like the job will never end, which is a blessing really.  He does have work to do on the farm equipment yet though and hopes to finish up with cleaning soon....  Andrew is finally feeling better and plans to clean tomorrow too.  He got the electric fence going on the North side of our South pasture, so hopefully my tan cow will stay in now.  We saw her get one zap for sure today.  I guess that green grass is just very tempting---you know, that green grass on the other side of the fence.  She was over by the bull pen this morning and her calf was actually IN the pen with the bulls, so Andrew got them back where they were supposed to be and dug out the fencer and the fence-stretcher. 

I made some goat's milk yogurt today and it didn't turn out quite as well as the cow's milk yogurt does and tasted different too.  So, we plan to give the cats the goat's milk for a while and to save the cow's milk that we usually give to the cats.  As we have 2 bottle calves now, there isn't a lot of extra cow's milk these days.

I'm working on a large picture-post from my time up at Paulette's, but it may be a couple of days yet until I get it published here.

For now, I will say good night and may God be with you all.~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.