Saturday, April 27, 2013

"Oh the barnyard is busy...

...in a regular tizzy
and the obvious reason
is because of the season...  

Spring, spring, spring!  "

It was SO nice outside and was even almost hot!  I just laid on the deck swing and enjoyed the day for a while this afternoon until the sun felt like it was going to burn a hole in my skirt, at which time I went inside to cool off!    Later, Jacob and I went out cow-checking with our rifles, as the gophers were out!  ;) 

My mom just got home from Fargo a few minutes ago.  She went to hear a presentation on Kangen water---something her friend, Anna has been speaking very highly of.    She's all excited about what she learned...

Sarena stopped in for a little while this evening to pick up the computer Andrew fixed for them (again).  It was good to see her again and to get caught up a bit on what's been happening in her life the last month.  Life gets to be very busy this time of the year on a farm.

So, it was a lovely day!  We listened to a message by Pastor S. M. Davis and he talked about things to do/not to do if you're feeling discouraged.  For example, don't dress in gloomy colors and pull all of the curtains closed, wallowing in self-pity and darkness.....   Today was the perfect antidote for any feelings of discouragement or depression, if a person were suffering from such.  :)  The sunshine was a gift from God.  ~  Good bye mud!

2 comments:

  1. The nicer weather with warm sunshine does help one feel better. Whitney and I sat outside on our "patio" Sabbath afternoon as well. It felt so good. I loved hearing the different birds (when the blackbirds would shut up) singing that I had not heard this year yet. As we walked around we were amazed at how quickly the snow is melting. Whitney and Daniel did a little target shooting, too. Then we went for a walk down to the creek. I love to see it rushing to the river. Blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment, Kimberly!! I'm so glad that your Sabbath day was peaceful and filled with enjoying the beauty of God's sunshine and the effects of it too. ;) It's funny that we did several of the same things even. Blessings to all of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.