Saturday, April 6, 2013

More babies!

Well, this wasn't the most restful day-of-rest we've had in a while, but now at the end of it, there are 6 more healthy calves in the world, so it was a good day.  We did have to pull 1 of them this evening, but all is well now.  We're working on spiking a calf on the mama whose baby died yesterday.  She kicks at the calf when it tries to nurse on its own, but as soon as we get her locked in the head-gate, she's a perfect angel.  Dad says they'll get used to each other and will forget that at one point they weren't really mama and baby.

This afternoon, we all jumped in the pickup and headed out to do some tagging-catch-up-work.  We had about 10 to do, and as a few of them were 2 days old already, the boys got their exercise.  My dad was the driver; Mom the record keeper; Andrew the catcher; Jacob the tagger; and I was the baseball-bat holder---just in case the mamas had some crazy ideas..... 

I praise God that we all made it through this week safely and look forward to another exciting (and tiring) week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.