Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Big ol' pot of chili....

Before it gets too warm out and nobody wants to eat hot things, I made a big kettleful of black bean/chana-dahl/chicken chili.  It's pretty yummy!  Even one of my brothers who isn't fond of chili said it was good.  :)

Andrew cleaned grain again today.  My dad attempted to clean grain, but broke down and had to bring it home.  He and Andrew got it fixed again this evening, so Lord willing, he'll be going strong again tomorrow.  What a miserable day it must have been to be standing outside, working with dusty grain. 

There were 2 new calves this afternoon, so I hear (1 is even mine).  :)    Tonight it's my turn for the middle-of-the-night run again.  My dad and I have been alternating with that one, as it's the hardest in my opinion (waking up, going out in the cold, then coming in and trying to fall asleep again).   Jacob takes the midnight run and just stays up until that time.  Andrew takes the 6:00 check and then stays up from there and milks his cow at 7:00am.  So far, there haven't been any problems at night, so that's a blessing! 

I babysat Johanna and Tracy Jo this afternoon/evening again.  We had fun building with blocks and reading books.  Of course they loved their bathtime too.   Johanna then found her "Baby" (her favorite doll) and cuddled it for a while, then took it in the kitchen and put it in her own highchair.  Next, she went to the bathroom and drug her step-stool to the kitchen and placed it beside her highchair, then asked for some goldfish crackers.  I gave her a few crackers in a bowl and observed the little mother climb up on her stool and feed her baby crackers (then chomping them down herself after offering each one to her baby).  It was SO cute!

I think tomorrow is an all-day-at-home kind of day for me, but that may always be subject to change of course.   I think I'll clean my aquarium, as it's needing some help again......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.