Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Home again, home again...

What a wonderful, amazing, encouraging, fun time we all had those 4 days spent in the Turtle Mountains!!!  I have so much to write about, but that will have to wait for another day.  Here is a picture of all of the young ladies there (except for Maria U. who was taking the picture).  Our hostess, Paulette was downstairs finishing up the batch of salve she made.  This picture was taken late in the evening of our "Formal" night, while we were all still dressed in our fancy clothes/hair/makeup...  (Can you find me?)
 


I actually arrived home last night at 9:00, just in time to change clothes and go out to the barn with my brothers to bed down a spot around a new cow/calf pair that were in there and to tube-feed some colostrum to the calf to get it going.  It's doing well today. 

This morning, before I went to babysit/work, I found a newborn calf stuck in the "mud" by the water tank.  SO, I got the calf-sled and a blanket to wrap around the calf, then pulled it out of the squishy mess and got it in the sled.  Jacob came out to help then and pulled the calf up by the house so Mom and he could wash it off before taking it inside to warm it up again.  This evening, it was doing well and was walking around outside with the cows.  :)

My dad and Andrew cleaned grain again today.  The new corn-planter arrived today and Jacob got the big tractor going and helped the trucker get the planter unloaded safely.    Spring must be coming soon?  There are tons of ducks and geese on all of the lakes around here now.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.