Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Yogurt cultures...

I was doing some reading/studying online today, looking for more healthy recipes that are tasty and came across a website that sells several different kinds of yogurt cultures.  I wasn't even aware that there were varying kinds of yogurt (outside of regular and greek), so found this interesting:  http://www.culturesforhealth.com/starter-cultures/yogurt-starter.html  .

I would like to try making this recipe this weekend, when it warms up and feels like summer:  :)
http://www.lexieskitchen.com/lexies_kitchen/2012/8/9/make-cool-aid-not-kool-aid.html  .

This is also on the "To try" list: 
http://wholenaturallife.com/2012/12/03/coconut-berry-delights-a-tasty-way-to-eat-more-coconut-oil/ .


I baked bread today; made yogurt; baked a cauliflower-crust pizza (for mom and I) and a regular crust pizza (for the guys); and got mostly all unpacked and reorganized.  Please pray for my brother, Andrew as he woke up feeling very sick and spent the day sleeping on the couch.  I think it's a cold of sorts, but he just feels wiped out.  I'll be doing his 6:00am cow check and cow-milking in the morning...

My dad finished a grain cleaning job and then had to run to town twice to get parts for the pickup, as it was broken again.  Mom did sessions for people and doctored Andrew, plus did laundry and dishes and the like...   Dad, Jacob and I had to get a cow in the small pen/chute to give her a shot, as she gave birth to a dead-for-a-few-days preemie calf a couple of days ago and just isn't feeling well now.  She's in the pen with the young heifers now so we can take better care of her. 

There's always so much to keep up with in the spring on a farm, but it's a good life and I'm grateful for it (most of the time).  :) 

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.