Sunday, April 14, 2013

S*N*O*W

There is SO much snow out there!  Sadly, the 4-wheel drive part of our usual cow-checking pickup went out today, so now we have to take the tractor out for the nightly (and daily) checks.   Here's what our schedule looks like tonight: 

Dad (aka Robert): 12:00am check---spread straw to both groups of cows
Jacob :  2:00am check--spread straw to large cow group
Cora :   4:00am check--spread straw to large cow group
Andrew: 6:00am check--spread straw to large cow group, then milk cow.....

My mom said that if there are any calves needing to get warmed up tonight, she'll stay up with them.  I stayed up from 3:00am on last night and then the calf died this morning.  :(   There were 5 new calves today and so far, they've been alright.  My dad and I moved some things around in the back of the one pole-barn and set up some panels so the smaller group of cows (the ones we bought last fall) could all get in the barn tonight and hopefully will have enough room so they step on any babies. 

It is still snowing and blowing.  My dad read tonight that at 7:00pm today, Bismarck had already passed it's record snowfall-in-one-day number and it was still snowing! 

I was glad that there was time for a nap this afternoon (my dad fell asleep in his chair too while reading a newspaper). 

Still praying for the blizzard to let up....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.