Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fun on the merry-go-round...

I brought Johanna and Tracy Josephine over to our house for most of the morning today.  They LOVED seeing the chicks and finding 1 egg.  Their next favorite thing was riding/pushing the merry-go-round and also pushing the empty swings, just for the sake of pushing them, I guess.   :)  Then too, they loved the toys in the toy box, and watching my fish in the aquarium, and plunking away on the piano....  They're so fun.

I got home in time to help prepare supper tonight, then my mom and I folded laundry while my brothers did the barn chores and my dad worked in the shop some more.  They're trying to get the front area cleaned out so Andrew can install the vehicle hoist he bought last year.  It will require some doing (cement work), but will be so nice for the menfolk when it's set up. 

My dad was happy to get his red convertible sold today, as the money is needed for other things.  He delivered the car to Steele and enjoyed his last ride with the top down, the wind blowing freely all around him.  Yesterday, Andrew had a gentleman come look at his Charger and he's pretty sure it will be sold by the weekend.  SO, he'll be kind of happy about that too.  :)  It's a fun car to have, but he wants to get some other fancy car now I guess and, yes, needs the money. 

Mr. F. and his 3 children stopped in today for slings for their rifles (Andrew had to order them in).  It looked like they were playing ping-pong too when I got home, but I had things to do in the house, so didn't join them.

Jacob has his snowmobile back at home again and it is still not working.  I think he knows what's wrong with it now and hopefully will have it in running order by this Winter!  That's been a frustrating project for him.

I moved the sprinkler in the greenhouse this evening and was amazed at how fast things are growing in there!!!  I think we'll be doing some transplanting to the garden here shortly.

Well, that's a quick update on things around here.   I'm looking forward to tomorrow afternoon, but I'll tell you why later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.