Monday, June 3, 2013

More thunder and raindrops...

We are having to keep a close eye on our calves in all of this moisture.  After work today, just as I was nearing home, my dad came over the hill in the black pickup.  I parked my car in a nearby approach and hopped in the pickup to go check cows/calves with him.  There are several calves that have messy back-ends that my dad says would clear right up if we had a few days of sunshine, so now we're praying for that.  Otherwise, we'll be treating for scours soon.

The rain is wonderful for the pasture and the crops that are in though!  We can also have a campfire when we want to now (unless it's so very windy)...

My dad hauled grain for a farmer today.  That was after he and my brothers went over and fixed something on one of the tractors our hunting friends are borrowing from us for a few days.  My mom worked on laundry today (blankets and things from the shoot) and a ton of kettles (also from cooking during the shoot).  The kitchen looks very nice tonight.  :) 

Hopefully, we can work in the garden again tomorrow?  Lord willing?  Possibly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.