Thursday, June 27, 2013

Rocks. (and Prairie Days info.)

What are their purpose?    To give farmers an alternative to dumbbells?  Hmmm...  Well, after I got home from babysitting, my mom and I did the supper dishes while the menfolk did the chores.  Then, my mom worked on laundry while the rest of us picked the rocks off of 2 hayfields.  It's always nice to have that job overwith for a while again.

Earlier today, my family went up in the pasture and sorted off 2 young cows who had lost their calves; loaded them up; then one family member hauled them to Linton to the butcher shop.  The guys worked on hay the rest of the day, until they came home around 7:00, that is.

Tomorrow, we will be busy with the usual Friday busyness, Lord willing, plus we'll get some things ready for Prairie Days (Saturday and Sunday).   I talked to Lauretta recently and she said they can't go with us this year as things have come up, but it was fun to realize that I've now known her for 1 whole year (we met Sarena about a month before we met Lauretta).  :)  There will be 2 new families in attendance though for sure (friends of ours), so that will be neat.

If anyone would like to join us at Prairie Days, you can read all about it here:  http://prairiedays.weebly.com/schedule.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.