Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Aunt LV...

Please be in prayer for my uncle, Russell in Montana.  He just called my mom to tell her that his wife, LV died during the night.   Several months ago, she'd undergone some major heart surgeries and has not been very well since that time.  Last night, she woke up around midnight saying that she couldn't breath.  She went out to sit in a chair in the living room, then called out to my uncle that she still couldn't breath and needed help.  Uncle Russell tried getting a different tube or something for her oxygen, but she said, "This is it, honey" and slipped into a coma.  She died in the airplane on the way to the hospital. 

Uncle LV was Uncle Russells' greatest joy in life.  He met her after having a major motorcycle accident out in CA, and she brought a lot of love and stability into his life.  Aunt LV was one of the most loving, giving, caring people that I know and was so tiny (a lot shorter than I am).  She was always thinking of others.  I remember the time they were here a few years ago and I showed her how to knit.  After that, she sent my mom and I several things that she had knit especially for us....

Aunt LV was born in the Philippines and came over to the US when she was a little girl (I think when she was 8).  I remember her telling me how she was carried from room to room over there and how a servant always dressed her, as her family was wealthy and had servants for everything---even carrying little girls (not babies) around.  Uncle Russell always called her his "Barbie".  He is going to miss her so much!  Please pray with me that God would work through this to bring Uncle Russell closer to himself...  He is just numb with pain right now.

 

1 comment:

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.