Monday, October 7, 2013

Planting for the future...

It was just lovely outside this afternoon!  I took a shovel and dug up the flower bed right by the house, then planted the autumn bulbs that arrived in the mail 2 days ago (when it was snowing).   Lord willing, there will be daffodils, crocuses, tulips and hyacinths blooming in the spring!

I also cut up all the ripe tomatoes and cooked them into freezer-tomato-sauce.  Then, I put on a pair of disposable gloves and set to work cutting the ends off of the hot peppers from our garden and getting them in labeled freezer bags for the future.  The trick of it all was to find out if the variety of pepper was hot or sweet, as I neglected to write this information down on the marker sticks where I put down the variety!   Most of them were quite hot!!

All the rest of my family went to Bismarck today.  My dad had to see the chiropractor as he threw his back out again somehow and has been in a lot of pain the past 3 days.  My mom needed to deliver some water to some clients and she and Jacob got their driver's licenses renewed and new pictures taken (you should ask them how they like their new pictures).  ;)   Andrew had some business to do too, something with vehicle titles or something. 

SO, I had the house to myself most of the day.  I listened to "Fiddler on the Roof" as I worked... 
  
"Tradition, tradition....
      ....And who does mama teach to mend and tend and fix,
          Preparing her to marry whoever Papa picks?
             The daughters, the daughters...."

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cora!
    This is Rachel Crews (remember me?:) ).
    I just wanted to say "Hi!" real quick and let you know that about a month ago our family moved back to our farm in North Dakota, after living in the East for 4 years!!! We are so happy and excited to be back home again, and would love to meet you and your family sometime!
    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NO doubt in my mind that I have the most incredible daughter in the whole wide world!!!
    I am so proud of you and thanks a million for keeping the farm and the house AND the garden going while we were gone.
    God bless you dear sweet Cora!
    Love you tons,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and you're welcome Mom. ;)

    Rachel!!! I'm SO glad to hear from you! How exciting that you're back in wonderful North Dakota! I lost track of you and your sister when you must have changed the privacy settings on your blogs and I could no longer read them and didn't have an e-mail address so as to request being able to read what you wrote... SO, I'm very glad you contacted me. We would love, love, love to have you all come to our place soon. Here is my e-mail address so that we can figure out something: corabeth87@gmail.com. I can hardly wait to hear about your decision to move back and if you have any animals now...... Until later, God bless. Cora

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.