Monday, October 28, 2013

It's c-c-c-cold outside!

I had to break the ice on the animal's water troughs at both chores today.  It seems hard to believe that our lovely summer is over.  It is nice to milk a cow without her being fidgety because of flies though!

My dad went to town first thing this morning to get a moisture sample on the next field of corn and then he bought himself a MOISTURE TESTER!  YAY!  No more trips to town...for that, anyway.  He finished one field and checked the next 2, but they were both too wet.  Dad and Jacob just spent the past hour getting everything parked (maybe packed is a better word) into the Quonset, as there is a chance of a couple inches of snow tonight.  Andrew is gone combining for Stan again and still.

Please pray for my mom, as she is having a major tooth-ache.  She went to the dentist today and he said the tooth will have to be pulled, but he couldn't do it now with all of the swelling (he gave her some antibiotics...and pain killers).  She'll also have to get a crown on the tooth next to that one, so please pray that all of that goes well next Monday.  She's in a lot of pain right now.  It's sad that such a small part of our body can give us such pain!

I wasn't expecting to babysit today, but they needed somebody, so I went over and spent all morning and afternoon with "My" cute girls.  Tracy Jo is in the process of being potty trained now--yay!  The girls were actually fighting over who got to go potty first today!  We bundled up like Eskimos and went outside until I got too cold ( I think they would have stayed out forever).  We played "Restaurant" and danced and "exercised".....  The girl's great aunt was there too, so it was fun to visit with her for a while.

I hope and pray that you're all enjoying these days of Autumn! 

1 comment:

  1. Its getting cool here too; not quite as cold as it is for you though! no ice yet, though we did get frost! :} Saturday morning was a heavy frost here.
    Will certainly be remembering your Mom in prayer. Tooth aches are awful!
    In Him;
    April

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.