Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"Autumn Fires"

Autumn Fires
~by Robert Louis Stevenson
 
 
In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!
 
Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
The grey smoke towers.
 
Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
Fires in the fall!



It was so nice that some of us worked outside quite a while.  The guys got a big fire going and burned the old barn-walls and garbage all afternoon.   I baked bread and pizza.  Mom and I made crustless-pumpkin pie.  It was a beautiful Autumn day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.