Thursday, October 31, 2013

Combine troubles...

Something is wrong with the combine.  It was smoking a little bit this afternoon.  The guys think it may be an easy fix (they said an injector?), but it could also be something major.  I'm praying for the first to be so!

My mom and Elizabeth went to the funeral of their friend today and then Mom showed Elizabeth around her hometown.  They stopped in at the nursing home and visited Grandpa Harvey too...  It was about 4:30pm when they returned to our farm.

Meanwhile, the menfolk here cleaned out the oats bin, as it's needed for corn, while one kept the combine running, until that problem I mentioned flared up.

I babysat this morning until Paula came home and then she took the girls to visit their grandparents with their princess and minnie-mouse costumes in tow.  I braided "Princess hair" for Johanna...

When I got home, I worked on putting together our Azure order, only to figure out once I placed it that we must have had a week yet to order.  Better early than late, I guess!   I baked bread next and Mom cut up a pumpkin that we'll make into bars in the morning for the funeral.

My parents are going to go to Montana, leaving probably right after noon tomorrow.  The funeral was moved to Saturday, so they'll spend the night at my uncle's place and help him...

*A special farm-note* :  We are getting lots of chicken eggs these days (about 2 dozen a day, and they're just gettin' goin')!  What a wonderful feeling it is to have farm-fresh eggs again!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.