Thursday, October 3, 2013

Wheelbarrows full of squash!

That's what Jacob and I hauled into the entryway this afternoon.  I took a picture and will share it soon.  Mom and I picked tomatoes and she pulled the onions.  As I made supper, the other 2 picked all of the peppers too.  We're grateful for such wonderful freshly-picked/pulled produce!!

My original plan for the day was to go babysitting, but Tracy Jo was so sick that her mama stayed home with her today, so I stayed home as well.  It was a good thing, as we really needed to get the garden things in.  Some of us are hoping to head to a wedding in Williston on Saturday and may be going as far as our friend's near Dickinson tomorrow, so the garden was priority today with the probable freeze this weekend.

This morning, I went to Napoleon with my dad as he was buying (trading in one of ours, actually) a different corn-head for the combine and I wanted to take pictures.  We went to NAPA, the bank, and I went to the grocery store too.  I was trying to remember when the last time was that I went to Napoleon and I think it was this spring!!!!  Whoa!  I used to go 3 days a week and our little trip brought back lots of memories of CNA days....

The other big news of the day is that my dad turned the furnace on today!  I made some mulled apple cider in honor of the day. 

Here are just a few random pictures that were on my camera:

The approx. 30lb turkey I cooked all day as we needed the freezer room for the beef!
 Our special very first brown egg of the year from those little chicks we had in the house this spring...  :)    My mom found 3 more today!
 Happy Autumn!

 I was experimenting with different hair-styles one day...  I love our medicine-cabinet mirrors for seeing what the back of my head looks like!  ;)
 The front of my head:  :)
 
~ Good night and God bless you. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.