Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Another kid...

A couple days ago my mom's goat, Bridget had 1 huge buckling.  We had him in the house for 2 days, trying to get him up and going, but he died overnight.  :(  Now tonight, after milking Sally, I went down to milk Bridget and discovered 2 kids in the milking stall, 1 dead and the other nearly so.  My goat, Opal had kidded today sometime and apparently the kids just didn't get up and nurse as they were cuddled together, as I said, dead and nearly so.  I brought the live kid inside and now it's my turn to try and doctor it back to health/life.  Both kids were bucklings.  We were not expecting kids at this time of year, so weren't really looking for them.  Sad. 

Outside of that, this day was pleasant.  I got the bread baked; a new batch of vanilla started; filled the color-ink cartridge on the printer again; did dishes; made chicken and sage stuffing for supper; baked some granola bars; and dug out the big exercise ball I used to use when I had back problems, as I want to do some exercises on it again (not that I'm having back problems, but just for the sake of staying strong). 

Mom and Andrew went to Bismarck.  My dad hauled grain all day long, then came home and pushed snow away from the grain-bins, as 2 trucks are coming for corn tomorrow.  Jacob is still sick, so took it easy and folded some laundry for me. 

Please be in prayer for an American pastor who has been put in prison in another country....  Read more at my friend, Hannah's blog:  http://gloryandgrace-hannah.blogspot.com/2013/02/american-pastor-sentenced-to-prison.html .


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the link about the pastor, Cora! That's so sad to hear about the kids. :-( I hope the remaining one will stay alive! I know how sad it can be to see animals die - even if you live on a farm and are somewhat used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Hannah!
    Actually, that one died last night too. :( Yes, one does become very aware of death on a farm and realizes it is a part of life, but it is always sad, especially when babies die...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that!! As you probably know, my dog had 4 puppies, but only 1 lived because she went past her due date without us knowing. :-( It is SO sad to see the little baby animals die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do remember that. Do you still have the one puppy or did you need to sell/give her away? Yes, it is indeed sad. Thanks for your kind words! See you soon at the convention, Lord willing.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.