Monday, February 11, 2013

Being thrifty...

THRIFTY:
 
1: thriving by industry and frugality (prosperous)
2: growing vigorously
3: given to or marked by economy and good management
 
One of the areas we can be thrifty is in the buying of our clothing....  I had to make a trip into Napoleon to fill my car with gas and to put money in the bank, then stopped at Nita's Attic, our local thrift-store and found 3 bags of bargains (mostly blouses for myself, but also a few things for my brothers).   It's amazing to be able to buy 30+ articles of clothing that are in great shape for the price you'd pay for 1 or 2 items that are brand new!  When you buy something that's never been worn, it's only brand new for a little while anyway, so why pay all that extra money?  You wear it and then it's not new anymore.  ;) 
 
My dad hauled grain again.  The boys worked on various projects.  I cleaned out and organized our "Junk drawer", as we couldn't find the little tool that the guys needed to get the air out of the heating system (it was getting very loud).  I did find it, eventually.   My mom got a new health book in the mail from Dr. Mercola, so she was reading in that quite a bit.  It was a good, busy day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.