Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Potted plants...

 
It was a busy day around here once again.  Andrew sold his snowmobile and delivered it as far as Steele.  He also had someone come here and buy a transformer(?) box he had listed on BisManOnline. 
 
My mom did a session for a client and she and Jacob worked on his schoolwork. 
 
My dad did a lot of extra things for the animals this morning, spreading out lots of bedding; feeding them their mineral/salt; thawing out the water fountain; etc....   He spent some of the afternoon listening to a conference by Arden Anderson (farming).
 
I made my first attempt at making yogurt in a slow-cooker.  I won't know until morning if it set up right or not.  I also made a batch of milk kefir to give it another try (maybe our taste-buds aren't as particular as before?).  My mom made more water kefir.
 
Andrew also went to town this afternoon.  He took my car as I needed gas in it again....  He picked up some potting soil for me at the hardware store, so when he got home with that, I made a mess.  We had several plants that needed transplanting, so I spent a couple of hours doing that.  The area in front of the South-facing patio door is pretty full of green things....  Two of my dwarf fruit trees are now blooming!
 As you can see by this dresser in my room, I like growing things.  ;)
  (left to right:  Spider plant, Walking blue iris houseplant, Sub-zero ivy, a green vine that I forget the name of, Aloe vera, a dwarf banana, and a non-prickly cactus that my grandma gave me off of her plant.)

 Over on my large trunk, I have a rubber plant (a baby from our other one) and the new addition--that tall plant that I also can't remember the name of? 
 
  This is a picture I took a few weeks back of all the puffed-up sparrows that were resting on the tree outside our house:
 
Please join me in praying for safety for my family tomorrow as they sort calves and load most of them up, then haul them into Napoleon to sell the following day.  I'll be babysitting, so hopefully the calves will all cooperate nicely without my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.