Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The doings of the day...

Let me think, what did we all do today?  Well, my dad fed cows this morning then hauled grain again all day at got home right at supper time.  My mom and Andrew went to Bismarck.  Andrew sat in a committee meeting about a homeschooling bill, and later he picked up his brown pickup that finally had all of the bodywork finished (that's the one that jack-knifed and Jacob went in the ditch with) and brought it home.  Jacob stayed home.  I went babysitting "my" 2 ever-changing little girls.  Their mama (and papa?) blew up a ton of balloons and filled a HUGE box with them, so we played with those for a long time downstairs.  Later, Tracy Jo found some balloons upstairs and quickly picked them up one by one and tossed them over the little gate so they floated down the stairs.  We played "Horsey" for a while too....and castles and princesses.  :) 

When I got home, I made some supper and practiced my violin (I've been neglecting that somewhat here lately).  Do any of you reading this play violin?  If so, did you take lessons or learn from a book/by ear?  Just curious.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cora,
    In answer to your question right quickly, actually I learned with a teacher for a couple of years. It was great to be taught. We learned piano with Alfred, at home, and so it was great to learn violin with a teacher, and learn to do things right the first time.
    In fact, I wish I had a teacher now.
    I can play by ear though, at least if I know the melody of the song, because the melody is really easy to find on violin.
    Praying everything goes great for you! Love a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.