Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A picnic...

After naptime this afternoon, the girls and I went outside.  Somebody mentioned the word picnic, and Johanna grabbed some muffins (4 tiny ones) and a baby blanket when we were heading outside.  We picked a soft spot in the grass and had our picnic.  :)    It was so nice out today!  Jacob got the range mowed and then started mowing around the house when the belt on that mower broke.  Andrew and Mom went to Bismarck all day and came home with a belt for the other lawn mower, so hopefully we'll be able to finish the mowing tomorrow? 

My dad burned a ton of garbage today, garbage meaning mostly parts of the old barn we'd hauled over in pieces from our other farm.  The wood was all rotting and just needed to go.  After evening chores, he and Jacob and I also cleaned up 3 huge piles of branches and weeds/old vegetable stalks from the garden and he burned those as well. 

Mom and Andrew came home with fish, so after acclimating them to our water slowly (adding small amounts to the bag they're in every few minutes), I let them loose in my aquarium.  They also bought goldfish for our stock tanks (they really keep the water clean), so Mom came out with the flashlight and shone the light while I "stocked the tanks" with 15 goldfish.  :)

Please join us in praying for nice weather for Friday and Saturday...  We just heard from a young man who's registered at this shoot that he has 3 friends who are considering coming too.  There are 9 people preregistered and I'm pretty sure 4 more (plus the 3, plus some of our family) will come too.  Looks like a good turnout.  PTL!  OH, and if you're reading this and would like to come to our Project Appleseed Shoot, now is the time to register online.  (hint, hint)  http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=ND&statename=North Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.