Monday, May 13, 2013

We've been busy as bees...

...and if you've ever watched bees closely, you'll know they're seldom just sitting still doing nothing!  Yesterday, we took lunch out to the field and had our first picnic of the year.  A little honey bee stopped in to say "Buzz", and to smell our strawberries, then went on it's way. 

My dad has been seeding from dawn to dusk practically the past few days and is getting close to finished.  He probably has 2 days left.  AND, it's his birthday tomorrow!  We're hoping he'll stop a little early in time for the special supper we'll be making him.  :)

Yesterday morning, the guys set together a pen made of pallets.  They built it on the back of the black pickup so I could go get the little calf I'd said I'd buy when Mrs. J. called and asked if I wanted another bottle calf.  They just didn't have time to raise the little guy.  His mother has hardware they think, so they were surprised she even had a calf!  I'll have to get a picture of him, as he is really tiny and cute.  He's red---my favorite cow-color.  :)  I went and picked him up yesterday morning and he's adjusted well to his new home and friends (our other 3 bottle calves).  The boys helped me set up 2 pens in the barn so feeding time is easier...

We celebrated Mother's Day somewhat, although there was still lots of work that needed doing, and we did it.  Jacob dragged (drug?) the driveway, so it's much smoother now.  I filled in some holes where our volleyball playing area is and planted some more things that came in the mail.....    We bought Mom some soap making supplies, so that will be our newest adventure, someday, when we have time.

I babysat Johanna and Tracy today and, after they woke up from their naps, I buckled them in the pickup and took them to my house to see the chicks and calves.  Johanna put her hands up to her face when she saw the chicks and cooed, "Oh, they're so cute!"  :)  They also wanted to see the "Doats" and chickens (aka: turkeys). 

There are rumors of a very windy day tomorrow, so after evening chores, the boys and I spent an hour and a half in putting the 2x2s on top of the greenhouse.  (We couldn't do it before, as we didn't have enough boards, but Mom picked some up in Bismarck last time she was there.)  We also screwed some into the side of the greenhouse, so hopefully all will be well tomorrow evening.

Soon, our cows will need to go up to pasture.  Very soon.  We're nearly out of hay!

My dad and I feel better today (cold wise), so hopefully it will be a short lived bug.

Please pray for Johanna and Tracy's uncle Rob who'll have surgery tomorrow to fix his very broken leg (a result of an accident up in the oil fields) and will later have to have surgery for his broken ankle too...

Well, good night everybody.  God bless you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.