Saturday, May 4, 2013

So far, so very good...

The chickies are all looking well today and are bustling around their box-house making soft cheeping noises which, when all added together (105 soft cheeps) can be heard throughout most of the house.  :) 

It was a peaceful day of rest.  I praise God for days like this.  There were for sure 3 calves born this afternoon when I went out and checked.  We've gotten behind on the tagging (with the guys being gone grain cleaning and my mom in Bismarck some days and me babysitting some days), so it's a little hard to tell which calves are new and which are a day old already.  Before they all go up to pasture, we'll put a random tag in each untagged calves ear and then spend some time watching the cows and calves as they pair up in pasture and write the numbers down (who belongs to who).  I saw 3 gophers while out checking cows, but had forgotten my gun.  Shoot...

So ends a quiet day. 

Now we're ready for a new, busy week.  Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.