Sunday, May 5, 2013

Greenhouse!

Hooray, hooray, hooray!  With all of my family's help, the greenhouse got re-plasticed today.  I wish it had been done a month ago already, but I didn't order the plastic soon enough and there really wouldn't have been time to get it put up anyway with the guys being so busy cleaning...  I ordered a special greenhouse plastic this year that is SUPPOSED to last 4 years, so I'm hoping that's true and we won't need to redo the plastic each year as it is a big job.    There are still a few things to do on it (for example, we can't get inside of the greenhouse right now, as we haven't cut the doors yet, and we need to get some more 2x2s from Menards for holding the top plastic down for those super windy days). 

My dad and brothers also spent a good portion of the day getting the corn planter and tractor all ready to go---and worked on something for the sprayer.  Oh, and my dad had to chase a huge portion of our cows back in this morning, as he left a gate open just for a little while, as he was planning to go back out to the pasture and they decided to go for a run.  They were outside of the north shelter-belt already by the time he caught up with them.  Then they turned around and ran all the way back in.  Silly cows!

We had 1 dead chick today.  I think she never got started eating and drinking properly?

We also have 1 new bottle calf as of today, making a grand total of 3.  No more yogurt for us for about a month!  The calves will be taking all of Sally's milk.....

My mom got bit by the weeding bug already and was weeding the raspberry patch when she wasn't helping me with the greenhouse. 

I got my first (mini) sunburn of the year.

It was a good day and we are so blessed! 

1 comment:

  1. I do so love to read your summaries of our busy days. It's especially fun to learn things that I wouldn't otherwise like your getting sunburnt yesterday which I didn't notice.
    Thanks for buying the plastic and motivating us all to get to work on it. I wonder how hot it will get in there today?
    Love you tons,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.