Saturday, May 18, 2013

The wandering one has been found.

My dad was up and out searching for the calf when I woke up at 7:00 this morning.  Not too much after that, just as I was getting my chore coat on to go help search, I heard Andrew and Dad up in the yard with the 4-wheelers.  YAY!  The lost calf was found.  The 3 of us herded him into the alleyway, then into the trailer and Dad and I took him up to his mother who was waiting for him in the pasture still, thankfully.  After that, everything was peaceful, except for when a skunk went running through the cows and ran right by a cow who was laying down.  She jumped up mighty quickly!  Sadly, neither of us had a gun along.  :(     There was a new calf, so Dad and I tagged it.   Later this evening when the two of us went up and checked again before the rain came, there was another new calf!  We don't have all that many left to calve, but the low pressure system, combined with all of that exercise yesterday must have made this a great birth-day.  And yes, this time I had my rifle along and no, we didn't see the skunk this time.  :(

It was a peaceful day at home.  We had thought we were getting company for a while this afternoon (farmer Dave was going to come and shoot his AR down at the range, but then he had something come up, so that was postponed).  So, we finished reading the blessing book; sang hymns; enjoyed the fresh air coming in the windows; some of us napped; watched movies; did chores; etc.... 

My B. grandparents are coming for a visit tomorrow, so Mom and I for sure will be up early to get the house cleaned (we didn't get to it yesterday, due to all of the cow moving challenges) and some chicken enchiladas made.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.