Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood---

...a beautiful day for a neighbor.  I spent most of this lovely day over with Johanna and Tracy Jo.  We spent some time out of doors, drawing with sidewalk chalk and the girls had fun sweeping the paved part of the driveway off somewhat then playing in the dirt.  :)  I'm not sure if people living 11 or 12 miles away qualify officially as a neighbor (in country terms, of course) but I call them my neighbors...and it was a beautiful day when you could be out of the wind.

So many things are going on each day here now.  It's hard to keep up with everybody.  My brothers made a town run and brought home more mineral lick-tubs for the cattle and a huge 3,000 gallon water tank.  They also worked on getting the corn planter field worthy.  My mom kept things going at home and also said "Hi" to some other neighbors when they stopped by with May basket goodies.  My dad cleaned grain all day long. 

It was so nice to see several farmers in the fields today and to have to be passing tractors on the road.

Oh, and another sure sign of spring is that the Cackle Hatchery called my mom today and arranged a shipping date for the laying hen pullets we ordered.  100 balls of fluff are coming to my house on Friday!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.