Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lots of seeds went in the ground today!

Everywhere you look, there are tractors in the fields now!  My dad started planting today...  Hooray! 

We have a calf in our kitchen tonight.  One of my heifers had the calf at 6:00am, licked it off, then left it be.  When I checked later in the morning, the calf was all sprawled out on the ground, weak and listless.  She's a very small heifer calf, so I was able to easily pick her up and swing her into the pickup box, then hauled her to the kitchen.   I had to tube-feed her some colostrum and egg, then gave her some probiotic paste.  She's looking much better tonight (her ears are up and she's alert) and is lying like a calf should.  I'm going to get up around 3:00 to give her some more colostrum.    Hopefully by morning she'll be able to stand and can go back out to her mama.

Mom and I worked in the greenhouse today and have it nearly all planted now.  What a good feeling! 

Oh, and just as a reminder, I thought I'd post this gardening tip:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.