Sunday, May 26, 2013

Rain, wind, plus sunshine...

We had a little of everything weather-wise today.  The guys got lots of things done in the shop (although I really don't know what they were, because I wasn't out there) and Mom and I (and Jacob helped me too when he wasn't outside) accomplished much in the house!  I baked bread, then Jacob and I took down all of the dangly glass and plastic things from the chandelier and washed them and disassembled and washed the kitchen light fixture too.  I also spent about an hour thoroughly cleaning my aquarium, as I hadn't done that in a while and it needed some attention.  After that, my mom and I cleaned out both refrigerators.  Awwwww....work has it's own rewards.
 
The guys called from the shop about this time and invited us out for a ping-pong tournament.  That was fun!  We hadn't played in about a month so were a little rusty when we started.  :)
 
Mom and I did the barn chores then while the guys moved all 10 of the bulls from across the road to the pasture by the farm here.  We are down to 1 haybale, so they needed some grass to eat until it's time for them to join the rest of the herd up north.  All 3 of our guys were on 4-wheelers and everything went really well. 
 
Here are a few pictures from yesterday's target practice:
 
My mom, resetting her scope...  (That sponge on the handle is a cheek rest.)
 
 My trusty rifle...
 The targets we were shooting at...
 AB and AR...
 "Just my rifle, (no pony) and me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.