Friday, May 3, 2013

A post on cleaning; chicks; and childhood chums...

This is a picture from a few days back when a farmer brought his grain to our place to have it cleaned...  That's Andrew's "Rig" you see.
 
 My mom went to town this morning and picked up our chicks while I got a home ready for them in the laundry room.
 This is how huddled they were when we first put them in the boxes:
 My dear "Old" friend, Miranda stopped in this afternoon and visited for a few hours.  :)  It was fairly nice outside, so we went for a swing...
 :)  It's so good to have genuine friends!
 Back to our cheepers...  They spread out a lot after they'd warmed up a bit and haven't stopped eating and drinking ever since!
 They sure are cute when they're at this age.  It's hard to believe that puff of fluff with legs is really a living thing.  

You're all welcome to drop in and see them while they're still little and cute.  ;)
My dad thought he might finish cleaning today, then got one more call, so he started with that job and will finish it on Sunday or Monday.  Andrew still has Monday to go, then he heads to the Linton area to help farmer Dave again for about a week---getting his crops in the ground. 

My dad bought a drill-fill from a neighbor he was cleaning for today, so when Andrew got home from cleaning, he, Jacob and I went down there and lifted it into the pickup and brought it home.  It will fit perfectly on that new old red truck they bought this spring over by Ellendale. 

While my mom was in town, she went grocery shopping and wanted to get some special food for celebrating nearly being done with grain cleaning/calving/etc...  She came home with ice cream and asparagus.  :)  I made the asparagus into a yummy chicken/noodle/onion/mushroom dish and we ate the ice cream for dessert.

It was a good day! 

"Thank you, Lord, for friends, and fowl, and finishing projects."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.