Monday, May 6, 2013

Sourdough bread...

I ordered a special sourdough culture to use with whole wheat flour and have been "Feeding" the starter for about a week now.  I finally have enough to make 1 loaf of bread with the extra, so I shaped the bread tonight and will let it rise for the recommended 4-24 hours.  Yes, somewhere in there.  :)   I hope it will taste yummy, as it is supposed to be much healthier for a person than regular bread. 

The chicks are all doing well now and are really growing already! 

The guys finished their last day of grain cleaning today and Andrew's heading out right away in the morning (after milking his cow) to spend a week helping Organic farmer Dave by Linton get his crops in the ground.  Farmer Dave is a medical doctor from Iowa, but he comes back to farm and put up hay, just because he loves doing it.  He was one of (I think) 15 children and is a really nice man.  Andrew will probably be home on Saturday for the day, but then will head back to the Linton area.

Meanwhile, my dad and Jacob will be getting our farming done (and maybe my mom?).  My mom and Jacob pulled up the fence posts around last years corn field and rolled up all of the electric wire, so that took a good portion of their afternoon. 

I was over babysitting "My" girls.  We had a fun time outside, blowing bubbles and drawing shapes on the cement.  I got home just in time to milk Sally and the goats (Andrew was still busy helping Dad and Jacob with the corn planter and things).  Then, everyone ate supper quickly and the guys headed south of Hazelton to pick up the extra tires for the sprayer that they bought.  Mom and I did a pile of dishes and took care of the chicks and got the bread going, and watched one episode of the Waltons----the one I've been waiting for:  Where Ike (the storekeeper) meets and marrys CoraBeth Walton.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.