Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and a Project Appleseed shoot in the not so distant future!)

It sprinkled/rained today.  It's been a long time since we've seen and smelled that.  There have been a couple fires in our area this last week, so the rain is a welcome sight for more than the reason that it will water the newly planted seeds.  We still have 1 day of seeding left, but my dad said the corn planter needed to be worked on anyway before he did that, so it all will work out well in the end. 

The chicks were all safe today---hooray!

I went and babysat for the first half of the day.  I made broccoli pickles for them.  Has anyone ever tasted those before?  I haven't, yet.

Tomorrow is cattle-moving day, so please keep us in your prayers for safety as we get all the cows/calves in first to tag the calves we've missed, then sort off some cows we need to keep here, and then finally while we take them about 5 miles up the road.  Sometimes that's too far for the smaller calves to walk all the way, so they get picked up and put in the stock-trailer as we go along.  I'm praying for sunshine now.  :)

Andrew and I had to get my cow/calf pair W28 back in the barn again, as we let them out yesterday and the mom just took off and forgot about her baby.  SO, she has to stay in for a while longer until she becomes a responsible mother.  That could take a while, as she had already been in for a week and wasn't fully bonded apparently.

I spent some time sending out Prairie Days ( http://prairiedays.weebly.com/ )&  Project Appleseed ( http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-map.php )  invitations to some friends after I got home.  If I haven't mentioned it before, I wanted to invite those of you reading this to both events also!  The shoot is May 31st-June 1st, which is coming up very quickly!  It would be great to see some/all of you here/there.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.