Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pictures, as promised!

 
Hooray, hooray, my camera came today (and the sun did shine too)! 
 
I spent the hours between 8:00am and 6:00pm babysitting both M. families children, equaling 5.  We spent a couple hours outside and everyone loved it, as we've been indoors for the past 4+ days with all of the rain.  Our guys are estimating and think we got around 4 inches?
 
Andrew worked on the largest tiller today, the one we use behind his garden tractor.  Soon and very soon I hope we will be able to get our garden all planted.  I took a quick stroll through the greenhouse last night and saw that the peas, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, tomatoes, and a few cucumbers are up now.  :)
 
While Mom and Jacob did evening chores tonight, I played with my new camera....
 
Here is the largest of my citrus fruits on my dwarf fruit trees:
 
 The mums we bought to plant in front of the deck....  I think they want to grow!
 The pretty pansies, also enjoying the sunshine by the patio door...
 I took a picture of our local paper.  :)  The reason?  Well, this is the dear family I work for regularly and I just wanted to share their super cute family photo/write up about Paula's new work as a Family Nurse Practitioner...  You probably can't read all that small print, but I'm just so happy for her to have made it to this milestone in her life!
 Ready and waiting for supper...
 I was experimenting with some of the settings on my camera.  Here is a picture I took with the "Fish eye" setting.  He's explaining to our mom what the fish-eye does...  ;)
 ..and here is Jacob, without any funny settings.  :)
 Andrew B...
 We're selling 3 or 4 young cows (ones that lost their calves) to some friends for butchering, and they asked for pictures, so I took some of those.  Here's one of the cows...
 This cow is NOT for sale or for butcher.  Meet Sally:
 This is one of Jacob's heifers he's selling.  I thought the picture turned out funny as she seems to be saying something, plus, it looks like she only has 3 legs when she really has all 4.  :)
 My mom milked Sally tonight, just to give Andrew a break.   We do that every now and then. 
 The goats eating valuable hay (valuable, as there isn't much left!)...
 My stubborn cow, W28 and her baby:   She'll let her calf nurse when they're in the barn, but then forgets she's alive when we let them out on grass.  Hmmm...
 Our chicks are growing and changing so much!   These 2 blackish ones are Barred Rocks and you're really able to tell it on their wing feathers now.
 Some of the other pullets, scratching around in the sun-soaked straw...
 Lord willing that they continue to live, all those little pullets will be filling nests with these in the not-so-distant future...
 Jacob and the turkeys who are ever so happy to see him (or is it the bucket they like?)...
 I wanted to get a picture of the cute, tiny calf I bought a few weeks back.  BUT, he's so rambunctious (and was hungry at this point) that he wouldn't hold still to have his picture taken nicely.  So, here he is:
 After several attempts, I finally let him suck on my finger...  :)  He is doing well.
 The last picture I took (before the batteries went dead) was of the tractor/corn planter my dad has spent so many hours in here recently:
And now, I'd best head for bed, as tomorrow is yet another busy day.  Please join us in praying for Paula's brother who has had to have another surgery for infection in his leg (it's very broken) and tomorrow will have yet another surgery.

2 comments:

  1. First, thanks for the prayers for my brother. His leg is healing well and they finally have the infection under control, hopefully he will only need one more surgery. He has already had 4, with one more tomorrow to do some muscle grafting.
    Next, thanks for sharing the news paper article. I keep forgetting to autograph your copy:).
    Hugs and Prayers Cora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cora,
    I finally had time to catch up with your recent blog posts and they're awesome. Your new camera takes just gorgeous pictures. I guess the message from the Lord may be that he replaces with something better when he takes something/someone from us.
    Happy Sabbath dear. :-)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.