Thursday, May 2, 2013

Excited for tomorrow!

Why?  Well, for two good reasons. 

#1: The future laying hens of our farm are coming in the mail,

&

#2: Miranda is stopping in for a visit on her way back home from business in Linton.  :)

I'm excited about tonight too, as Andrew is taking the 3am cow-check (then I'll get up and milk his cow), which means that I get to sleep the whole night through... 

It was another fairly lovely day outside and I took Johanna and Tracy out to play for a while after nap time until their Grandma came to take care of them.  We went for a mini-walk until we got out of the windbreak of the trees and realized it was too cold for such things.  Tracy was sitting in the wagon and Johanna pulled her---when the ground was level.  :)

My dad got his old corn planter sold today, so he's happy.  He and Andrew are nearly done with grain cleaning now (although people still keep calling) and I believe they each have 2 farmers to clean for yet.  Then, it will be busy fieldwork time at our farm...

The Lord is so good!  He protects us, guides us and leads us each day.  We even had energy left to play the guess-how-much-the-food-in-the-grocery-flier-costs? game this evening for a few minutes before prayer. 

1 comment:

  1. I always loved getting the baby chicks. And to have your friend come on the same day, that is a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.